From the Sunday Times again, top photo editors that can be used for free.
- Picnik – free, but stores shots elsewhere (eg Flikr). picnik.com
- Photoshop Express – although full version costs £350, this can be had for free. photoshop.com
- Pixlr Express – takes longer to load than others. pixlr.com/express
- Aviary Phoenix – again, a little slow. aviary.com
- Splashup – best for serious editors. splashup.com
Best choice was Picnik.
Continuing with the theme of what we can get for free, there was a good article in the Sunday Times on 17 January outlining free online storage.
According to them the 10 best online storage websites are:
- Mozy.com – 2GB if you register, pay thereafter (but backs up automatically)
- Adrive.com – the most generous free site offers 50GB of storage
- Flikr.com – upload and store 100mb a month free
- Carbonite.com – like Mozy, you have to install a programme
- Gmail.com – store attachments up to 7GB
- YouSendit.com – instead of sending attachments – 1GB limit per month for free
- Box.net – 1GB free storage in a ‘box’
- SugarSync.com – $10 per month for 60GB
- SkyDrive.live.com – Hotmail users already have this – 25GB, but slow drag and drop
- Esnips.com – 5 GB free storage
No excuse for losing files now…